|Only during Pesta Ubin! Photo by Alex Tan.|
This is a unique opportunity! Limited to 250 participants!
- Children must be a minimum age of 8 years old and must fit comfortably into our buoyancy vests for children.
- Young persons 12 years old and below to be accompanied by parents
- Anyone under 21 years old must complete the Activity Consent Form endorsed by their parents/guardians.
Date: 11 Jun (Sat)
Time: 10am – 5pm. Each kayak experience lasts 1 hour. You will be allocated a 1-hour time slot by 5 Jun (Sun).
Website: Republic Polytechnic http://www.rp.edu.sg/ and Outward Bound Singapore http://www.obs.nyc.gov.sg/
Cost: No charge, the activity is free!
Meeting point: “Y u so like dat” drinks stall map.
|The meeting point is at the “Y u so like dat” drinks stall.|
Registration required and Activity Consent Forms required.
Registrations are now closed as all places have been taken up. Thank you for your interest.
(If you missed registering for this activity, you may want to try to register for Kayaking Sungei Jelutong with Nature Society (Singapore) and Kayakasia on 5 Jun (Sun). Registration will open soon and this will be announced on the Pesta Ubin facebook page.)
Download and print the consent form from this link. One consent form is for each person in your group. Bring along completed consent form and submit it for on-site registration at the quarry before activity commences. Participants under 21 years old will need to have their forms endorsed by their parents/guardians.
Important information to note to ensure a safe and enjoyable experience for everyone
- Minimum attire: T-shirt, shorts. Minimum acceptable footwear are sports sandals. (No slippers/ barefoot). Please bring along sun protection and change of clothes.
- Please arrive at least 30 minutes before your confirmed time slot for on-site registration and safety briefing.
- Please do not bring excessive valuables. You are responsible for your personal belongings.
What happened ...
A splashing good time getting up close and personal with Ubin Quarry. A unique opportunity, thanks to the instructors and staff of Outward Bound Singapore and Republic Polytechnic who contributed this activity as volunteers.
|Thanks to OBS and RP instructors and staff!|
|The excitement begins!|
|A close up introduction to the Ubin Quarry.|
|Thanks to Vanessa Teo for taking these photos!|
MORE photos of this awesome activity on the Outward Bound Singapore facebook page.
And by Alex Tan on facebook. Alex is a key organiser of this fabulous activity!
And on Sweejk's camera, more glimpses of an awesome day!