|A rare opportunity to get close to mangroves!|
Come, join us for a leisurely 1-hour guided paddle where our volunteer guides will share interesting facts on the flora and fauna along the river, the importance of our coastal forests, and what we can do to conserve them. This trip is suitable for both adults and children.
Double kayaks will be used for all participants to self-paddle. Participants need to be 8 years old and above. All junior participants under 12 years old must be accompanied by parents or adult guardians on the same kayak. More details will be provided to those who register for the activity.
Date: 5 Jun (Sun)
Time: At intervals from 9m to 3pm. Each trip will last 1.5 hours including safety briefing.
Meeting point: The kayak launching station is located next to Jelutong bridge, near Ah Ma's Drink Stall. About 1km or 20-30min walk from Ubin Jetty (map).
|Lisa Lim gives a safety briefing at the start of the paddle.|
Photo by Cuifen Pui.
Website: Nature Society (Singapore) www.nss.org.sg and Kayakasia www.kayakasia.org
Registration required. Registrations closed due to overwhelming response. Thank you for your support.
Kayaking slots still available on 4 Jun (Sat): Coastal Clean Up by Kayak with Adventurepaddlers Ohana
What to bring?
- Sun protection (hats, long sleeve clothing)
- Sufficient drinking water
- Change of clothes (will get wet!)
- Wear proper covered footwear (strictly NO slippers or sandals)
- Please note that there will be NO safe area to leave your bags or personal belongings. Therefore, please be prepared to bring your bags onto the kayaks with you, and waterproof them, as they will get WET.
- Please note that there are NO toilets / changing facilities available at the kayak launching point. Toilets are only available at Ubin Village / Main Jetty
- Please be on time. As we are running the trips back to back, we apologise that we cannot wait for late-comers and have to launch our kayaks on time and depart every hour.
- Do plan your bumboat ride early and hop over to Pulau Ubin and take a leisurely 30 minutes walk to Jelutong Bridge.
- It is necessary that you provide your contact no. and email address so that we can acknowledge your booking and send you a booking confirmation.
- Cancellation: As we are a charity with limited administrative capacity, we seek your understanding that there will be no refunds once sold. In the event of bad weather, departure timings may be delayed.
|Photo shared by Ivan Kwan.|
Thanks to Zhe Hui Clara Teo for these awesome photos!